Friday, February 17, 2006

Tid Bits and Nit Wits

A Pakistani cleric announced Friday a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew Prophet Muhammad, as thousands joined street protests and Denmark temporarily closed its embassy and advised its citizens to leave the country.

RAMALLAH, WEST BANK—Hamas leaders invited "all living Israelis" to a comprehensive summit in an effort to end conflict in the Middle East once and for all.

Every day as I drive in to school I pass a Volvo 960, or something like that, with a Cali plate that reads: "I B PHD"

How tacky. Really sophomoric, I think. I laugh derisively to myself all the way down the street, perhaps worrying that when (or if, rather) I too am anointed I'll lower myself to such ostensible and conspicuous grandstanding.

All over I notice people driving with stickers in their windows, license plate frames, etc., ad nauseam, ad blarum, blah blah blah... "look at me and my car and cell phone, I am not even driving right now"

"USC"
"Harvard Graduate"
"UCLA"
"Claremont Graduate University" (haaaa!)
"Cal Poly Pomona"
"WTF U"
"I Went Somewhere Better Than You"
"Drinking At College Cost 50K"
"My Rod Is Ivory"

1 Comments:

Blogger Publiix said...

Well, I can tell you that right now I feel pretty good. Just had to complain a little... it's cathartic I think.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home