Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm going going back, back to Cali, Cali

Today I leave for Claremont. Friday is Orientation; school starts Monday. I am very nervous. I feel like a first-grader again. Also I am sad. This morning I had to say good-bye to my girlfriend of three years and it was very hard. I will miss my family.

However, I am excited as well. New adventures always pose risk and heartache, but they offer new experiences and friendships as well. With luck and hard work, I will be as sad to leave California when the time comes as I am now distressed to leave my Utah.

Of course, any time that you wish to come to California please call on me! I would love to host you. Hopefully, by then, I will know of all the really good spots upon which to blame having a really bad hangover and I will be able to share them with you. Unless, of course, you are from Utah like me and/or don't imbibe. Then we shall find other refreshing ways to renew our spirits, like walks on the beach, or Gatorade.

And now, to prepare for my road trip to California and the beginning of a new chapter in my life, a new school, and new friends! My next email will be from the giant state of California, probably from a computer lab not unlike the ones we enjoyed at Pitzer (hopefully with a lot less bomb-lobbing commies).

P.S. The first person to indentify the artist from whom I aptly borrowed the title of my post wins their choice of: a balloon or 100 points.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Notorius B.I.G., aka biggie smalls

8:39 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Wow, you're right. Why the hell did I think Notorius wrote that? I used to be fairly confident in my 1990s rap trivia, but all confidence is lost now.

The truth hurts...

10:06 AM  
Blogger S said...

Welcome back to Cali. If you're ever in La Mirada, hit me up. =)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Publiix said...

Hello ladies and gents.
Actually Brandon, I was referring to Christopher Wallace, aka Frank White, aka Notorious B.I.G., aka Biggie Smalls. He was the inspiration for my title. "Life After Death" double disk.
Priscillia is correct in that LL did indeed have a song entitled "Back to Cali" or something like that, that did precede Biggie's. However, the lyric in that song was closer to
"Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali... going back to Cali? I don't think so." Whereas Biggie's lyric was as my title indicates, and which indicated his intent to return to California to fulfil his destiny of death by gunshot.

So. To the beautiful Priscillia and the magnanimous Bradon, a hundred points to the both of you.

And thank you Steve, I am excited to be back and I shall look you up while I am here, for the next decade of my life ekeing out an existence on Top Ramen and textbooks!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Have fun in Claremont.

When strawberries are in season check out the strawberry donuts at Donut Man. It's about eight and a half miles West on Foothill Blvd.

On Saturday of the weekend of the time change, the Harvey Mudd College unicycle club rides there. Next year will be the 30th annivsary. 30 unicycles riding down Foothill Blvd. It's a sight to behold.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Publiix said...

Thank you for the tips! If you have any more I would be delighted to receive them.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home